Saturday, April 6, 2013

Aboriginal Art

Aboriginal Art

Many years ago, in my first few years of teaching, I got a book with our text book adoption.  It was called Brown Bag Ideas from Many Cultures.  I used it a lot those first few years, and I still reference it every now and again.  With some of these I was experimenting with ways to make the dots.  Some are done with q-tips, some with the backside of a paint brush.  The next time I do aboriginal art in paint I will definitely try the pencil eraser method.  Little hint...don't use the q-tip, they grow with every dip in the paint, before long the dots are the size of dimes.  Oh well, had to try, someone donated 3 enormous boxes of medical swabs.  Just trying to be resourceful!!










No comments:

Post a Comment

http://pinterest.com/pruitts/elementary-art-education/