Saturday, August 24, 2013

COOL, I got nominated for the Liebster Award!!

So to be honest...until just a few days ago I didn't know what the Liebster Award was or that it even existed. Thank you so much to Mrs. C from Rainbow Skies and Dragonflies for nominating me!  I am grateful that someone even thought of me for this award!  Please go to her site to see lots of inspirational art at Rainbow Skies and Dragonflies!  She is a seasoned teacher with lots to share.


                                                                                 



                                                                           
I agree with Mrs. C that being an elementary school art teacher can be a very isolating experience.  When I started out there were only three elementary schools, each with an art teacher, in my district.  It wasn't just the projects that could feel overwhelming, but organization of materials, budget questions, how to store artwork in an organized manner, and the list goes on... Now, my district is busting at the seams, in 13 years we went from the 3 elementary schools to 13, and two more to break ground very soon!  But, back then, talk about feeling alone.  The only thing that I felt I could really ask for help from other teachers was discipline issues.  The blog community is definatly a wonderful tool that brings all of us together.  From the new teachers with fresh new ideas to the seasoned teacher that has tried everything in the book and knows best teaching practicing. 

Now, the Liebster Award, I really had no idea, so... I went hunting.  Here is a little explanation of what the award means.  This is from Ashley at We Loved Here.
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster?  The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn't that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it's a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.

One of the things I need to do now is pass on this award. My choices (in no particular order, they are all great bloggers!)...

1.  Elizabeth at Painters of Dreams
2. Mrs. Johnson at Elementary Art Rocks
3. Candice at Candice Ashmen Art
4. Samantha at The Fine Arts Studio
5. Danielle at Art Room with a View

Now I get to tell you 11 things about myself:
1. I grew up in a tiny cotton farming community in west Texas, a small, blink and miss town on I-20, Roscoe, TX. The school mascot is the Plowboys, so yes, I was a Plowgirl.
2. I only drink fru-fru coffee!
3. Cat person...they kill mice, and snakes, and other creepy critters!
4. I'll take extreme heat over extreme cold any day!
5. Dark chocolate, yum.
6. My favorite food is Mexican.
7. When I was little, I wanted to be a flight attendant.
8. Speaking of planes, I once jumped out one, really, what was I thinking!!!
9. I have a small obsession with circles.
10. My favorite color is purple.
11. I'm not grossed out by too much, I can handle farting, burping, boogers, vomit, pee, poop, but DO NOT show me your tooth that is about to fall out of your mouth!!  The one you can literally push over with your tongue.

So now that you know a little more about me, hop on over to Elizabeth, Mrs. Johnson, Candice, Samantha, Danielle, and Mrs. C's blogs and have a look around!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for including me Shelly, I am a long-time follower of your blog, so I feel very honoured!!
    :) Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Elizabeth. I haven't seen any activity for awhile on your blog. Hope everything is well!

      Delete

http://pinterest.com/pruitts/elementary-art-education/