Friday, September 6, 2013

Clay Butterflies

This clay butterfly project is one that I typically do with my 4th graders.  All pieces are cut from a slab. To make sure that the butterflies are symmetrical, I have them cut out one top wing and one bottom.  Then, they lay these pieces on their left over slap, trace and cut out.  The wings are only attached at the bottom and slightly up the side.  While we are attaching the wings, we have fingertips under the wing to give it a more 3-D look.  Although I don't have the hanging wire on these examples, we add the wire in such a way that it looks like the antennae of the butterfly.



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mr. E! Parents and kids seem to really like this project as well. I see you are really close to your goal, super awesome!

      Delete

http://pinterest.com/pruitts/elementary-art-education/